The actress opens up about the real reason she avoids social media and that SNL appearance.

Peroxide crop, no bra and bright blue tights. It’s a bold outfit choice and one that KStew 100% pulls off in a sizzling new photoshoot for V magazine. Photographed by fashion royalty Mario Testino, she is the cover star for V’s latest Free Spirit issue.

As well as looking unspeakably fabulous in various shades of tights, the queer heartthrob is interviewed by fellow actress Chloe Sevigny. They discuss several topics including why Kristen chooses to stay away from social media:

“When you speak to someone on the phone, that is a decipherable, understandable exchange. But with text and social media, it’s essentially a dialogue with yourself and your interpretation of a shadow.”

She continued:

“You also become addicted to that hit by yourself and with yourself, every seven minutes or so, and you spend so much time validating something very superficial in yourself. It has definitely changed us.”

She also spoke about her recent appearance on the comedy sketch show Saturday Night Live, in which she used her opening monologue to tell Donald Trump, “I’m sooo gay, dude”. If you haven’t seen the clip, or just want to relive that glorious moment, scroll down now to watch the video.

She told Chloe, “For six years, I’ve just been being a total wuss about it and then I finally was like, at some point, you just have to bite the bullet, you know? And just fail. It will make you stronger, man.”

Talking about her career to date, Kristen admitted:

“Honestly I’ve made a million bad movies … Not bad, it’s just like sometimes they don’t come together in a way that feels miraculous and when they do, it genuinely feels like something is floating and you’re all sort of blowing on it to keep it up and it’s like, that fully happened.”