Top 15 Quotes From Bi Female Celebs
Our favourite empowering quotes from boss bi women.
Instagram | Made with Canva
1. "If you were to break up with them or if they were to die, it doesn't prevent your sexuality from existing. It doesn't really work like that."
– True Blood actress Anna Paquin discusses her sexuality with talk show host Larry King, who had just suggested that she was now straight because she was married.
2. “As someone who identifies as a black bisexual woman I’ve been through it and, it hurts and it’s uncomfortable.”
– Amandla Stenberg of The Hunger Games opens up in a series of Snaps.
3. “I was open about it [bisexuality] because I wanted people to know that I had been with a woman. I spoke about it because I’d discovered something wonderful and I thought people should know my experience was very real, very normal.”
– Angelina Jolie speaks to Barbara Walters about her sexuality.
4. “Do I like women sexually? Yeah, I do. Totally. I have always considered myself bisexual... I love a woman's body. I think a woman and a woman together are beautiful, just as a man and a woman together are beautiful. Being with a woman is like exploring your own body, but through someone else.”
– Drew Barrymore discusses the joys of almost-self love in Contact magazine.
5. "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything… I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."
– Johnny Depp’s ex Amber Heard tells Elle magazine why she eventually came out.
6. "Amber Heard's sexuality is only relevant in that bi women are at far greater risk of experiencing intimate partner violence. Bisexuality however is not a reason for violence. It doesn't mean Heard is somehow immoral or deserving of abuse."
– Evan Rachel Wood takes to Twitter to discuss Amber Heard’s alleged abuse at the hands of then-husband Johnny Depp.
7. “I've never walked the carpet with anyone, so they wonder: 'What does she do with her vagina?'... I've gone both ways. I do as I please. I am too f***ing curious to sit here and not try when I can. Men are intriguing. So are chicks.”
– Actress Michelle Rodriguez brashly reveals her sexuality to Entertainment Weekly.
8. "I love people. It's not about a gender. It's just about the spirit that exudes from that other person you're with."
– Singer Ke$ha gets a bit hippy with Seventeen magazine.
9. “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”
– Megan Fox is firm with Esquire Magazine.
10. “It's not a lie that I am bisexual and I like women, and anyone that wants to twist this into ‘she says she's bisexual for marketing,’ this is a f------ lie. This is who I am and this is who I’ve always been.”
– Lady Gaga discusses her sexuality with Barbara Walters.
11. “I am not confirming and I'm definitely not denying… All of my songs are based off of personal experiences. I don't think there's anything wrong with experimentation at all.”
– Singer Demi Lovato coyly explains her song Cool For The Summer to Alan Carr.
12. “I’m extremely open with my sexuality. I can be in love with a woman, I can be in love with a man. I’m not into bestiality but as far as humans go, I definitely find beauty in everybody, whether they’re heavy-set, super-skinny, if they’re white, black, Indian, Asian, Spanish.”
– Model and actress Amber Rose very carefully explains herself to Complex magazine.
13. "My sexuality is not a phase. I am who I am."
– Model Cara Delevingne defends herself against pervading rumors that her bisexuality is a publicity stunt in an interview with the New York Times.
14. “I fall in love with human beings based on who they are, not based on what they do or what sex they are.”
– Actress and activist Shailene Woodley tells Elle how it is.
15. “I don’t pull out the ‘bisexual’ word because nobody likes the bisexuals. Everybody likes to dump on the bisexuals.”
– Sex In The City’s Cynthia Nixon poignantly talks biphobia with the Daily Beast.