Mardi Gras Film Festival Trailer 2015 - See Your Work on the Big Screen
If you have ever wanted to showcase your work in one of the most highly regarded LGBTIQ film festivals in the world, now is your chance to shine!
Zwei Muetter - Still from 'Two Mothers'
For 22 consecutive years, the Mardi Gras Film Festival is still ranked as one of Australia’s largest film festivals, and as one of the most highly regarded LGBTI film festivals on the globe.
Mardi Gras Film Festival is operated by the not-for-profit arts and community organisation, Queer Screen. Queer Screen showcases quality LGBTIQ film content and promotes diversity and inclusion in the community. Mardi Gras also runs initiatives to support and fund LGBTIQ filmmakers. Now is your chance to have your work involved with this beautiful festival!
PITCH DOCUMENT DEADLINE – To be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday 29th October, 2014
FINAL TRAILER DELIVERY DEADLINE – Rough cut by Friday December 19th
Final cut (ready for release) Monday 5th of January 2015
For the talented filmmakers who are interested in submitting his or her work for this festival, the successful applicant is required to deliver a 30” commercial for use by Mardi Gras Film Festival for TV, cinema, and online to promote the next event – MGFF2015. You may also supply additional edits to your application.
The body of the commercial
The first 25” is for you to insert your creativity and passion. Whatever that means for you, it must be:
• High resolution, so it looks crisp, clear and professional even when projected on a full size cinema screen. High production values.
• Scaleable – so important details are not lost even when viewed within a small window on a mobile device
• Smart – our audience consists of intelligent consumers of culture who like to have their intelligence recognised and do not like being patronised.
• Sexy – it must be appealing to the eye, in one way or another, to cut through the overloaded visual environment. We don’t mean porn, we mean pleasing. Witty and humorous also go well with the audience.
• Inclusive – it should not exclude, alienate or offend people of any sexual preference or orientation, especially those that make up the rainbow coalition that attend our events. Test your idea against a variety of your friends or associates, and see how they find your content.
• On time and on budget – deadlines are not negotiable, and there are no acceptable excuses for non-delivery. We are giving you the maximum time that we can so that you can make the best possible product, but that leaves no wiggle room, at all.
• Post production support from a sponsor TBC.
The last (approximately) five seconds of the piece must contain all of the following compulsory elements, presented for a duration and in a manner that allows them to be easily read at all sizes, including Facebook and YouTube window size:
- Event Title – Mardi Gras Film Festival 2015
- Dates – February 19th to March 5th
- Website – queerscreen.org.au
- Strap line (if applicable)
- Event logo (if applicable) – To be provided
- Sponsor logos as required – To be confirmed
Make sure your production does not include nudity, sexism, racism, swearing, or anything that would stop a cinema or TV station from airing it. Use your best judgment.
PRODUCTION BUDGET – Pro bono - $2,500 for expenses (plus possibility of post production support)
DEADLINE – Rough Cut by December 20th. Final Cut ready for release 5th of January. It is also recommended that you consult with MGFF during the production process.
Production team will also receive tickets to opening and closing night galas for Mardi Gras Film Festival as well as pass to MGFF 2015
CONTACT: - Paul Struthers
Mardi Gras Film Festival
Phone – 0410835 269
Email – email@example.com