Tegan and Sara’s “The Con” Turns 10
With all “The Con” songs you know and love, covered by everyone from Cyndi Lauper, to CHVRCHES, to Ryan Adams.
TEGAN AND SARA, PHOTO BY PAMELA KITTKY
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of Tegan and Sara’s classic 2007 album, The Con, Warner Bros. Records will release The Con X: Covers on October 20. The vinyl edition will be available December 22. The new album features 14 of Tegan and Sara’s favourite artists, each interpreting a song from the original album.
Don’t freak out, but look at this track listing:
1. Ruth B. - I Was Married
2. MUNA - Relief Next to Me
3. Shura - The Con
4. Mykki Blanco - Knife Going In
5. PVRIS - Are You Ten Years Ago
6. Ryan Adams - Back in Your Head
7. City and Colour - Hop a Plane
8. Kelly Lee Owens - Soil, Soil
9. Bleachers - Burn Your Life Down
10. Hayley Williams of Paramore - Nineteen
11. Sara Bareilles - Floorplan
12. Shamir - Like O, Like H
13. Trashique (GRIMES X HANA) - Dark Come Soon
14. CHVRCHES - Call it Off
Digital Bonus Tracks
15. Cyndi Lauper - Back in Your Head (Bonus Track)
16. Bleached - One Second (Bonus Track)
17. Vivek Shraya - I Take All the Blame (Bonus Track)
18. Tegan and Sara - Miami Still (Bonus Track Demo)
Warner Bros. Records will be donating net album proceeds to the Tegan and Sara Foundation. A portion of the proceeds from Tegan and Sara’s The Con X: Tour (in the US) will also benefit the foundation.
Tegan says, “As the 10th anniversary of The Con approached, Sara and I started to brainstorm meaningful ways to celebrate what was easily one of our most important records. Almost immediately we established that a tour playing all 14 songs in a more intimate and stripped-down arrangement would be memorable for our diehard fans. But we also wanted a companion piece that would live on past the anniversary, hence The Con X: Covers album was born.
“We wanted the proceeds to go to our recently launched Tegan and Sara Foundation, which raises money for self-identified women and girls in the LGBTQ community. With that intention set, we asked 14 artists who were either outspoken allies of the LGTBQ community or LGBTQ themselves to each cover a song from The Con, in any fashion they saw fit. All the artists agreed to donate their time and energy to the project and their labels all agreed to waive their fees as well. We are beyond grateful for the contributions of each artist, and we hope fans of The Con will be moved by their interpretations.”
We could not be more excited for October 20.